Friday, April 17, 2009

Oberoi Mena House dinner

I quickly showered to get the sand off and spent some time trying to get it out of my shoes. Unfortunately I had gotten quite a build up in my shoes and developed a blister.

Before meeting for dinner I quickly popped into the gift shop and discovered the style of cartouches I wanted for my earrings. I ordered a pair and they indicated they would be done at the end of dinner. I couldn't believe how cheap ($10 per cartouche in silver) they were compared to the ones on the ship and even the ones at the store our guide took us to. I then went to the store next door and got some personalized cartouche t-shirts for an excellent price. The second store had a design for the cartouches that I liked even better but I had already ordered so had to stick with what I had picked out.

If your in the area I highly recommend the gift shops at the Oberoi Mena House hotel.

Next up was dinner. The food was great and the show very entertaining. They did not have the standard belly dancer but instead more classical Egyptian entertainment. Pic. 2 is of a lady dancing with a lit candle holder on her head. Pic. 3 is of some women and men dancing. The women have giant decorative fans strapped to their back. There were several other dances and a singer.


More pics of the entertainment:

My meal was very simple since I can't eat wheat, oats, barley or rye but the staff was very accommodating and brought me additional dishes from the Indian restaurant in the hotel when I asked. Below was the original meal which was very tasty.

Pics of the hotel below. Sorry for the low lighting but I took them at night.


No comments: